- List of visa categories and supporting documents required (in addition to the visa application form described below)
- Visa application form should be signed by the applicant
- Passport should be valid for a minimum of six months beyond the date of intended entry into India.
- Normally, Visa is not given beyond the date of validity of passport.
- Passport should have at least two blank pages for affixing visa and the immigration stamps
- Non-Japanese applicants should bring their alien registration card along with a copy.
- Validity of visa starts from the date of its issue and not from the date of entry into India.
- Registration is required for certain categories of visa valid beyond 180 days. For detailed information, please check the Ministry of Home Affairs of Government of India website at WWW.IMMIGRATION.NIC.IN, which also provides other useful information regarding Temporary Landing Permits / Visa-On-Arrival / Visa Extension / Registration / Addresses of FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices) etc.
- It is advisable that visa should be applied well in advance of the intended date of travel to India.
Supporting Documents with Visa Applications
- Original and signed supporting documents like invitation letters, letter of admission, letter of recommendation etc. should be submitted. Only in exceptional cases, scanned copies of such documents may be accepted at the discretion of the Embassy.
- e-Mail communications are not acceptable as genuine supporting documents
- The onus of establishing the genuineness of a document would lie with the applicant
- All required supporting documents must be submitted with the visa application.
List of visa categories and supporting documents required (in addition to the visa applications form described above).