VISA-ON-ARRIVAL FOR JAPANESE NATIONALS w.e.f. 01 MARCH, 2016
Visa-on-Arrival is granted to a Japanese national -
(i) who is visiting India for a period not exceeding 30 days and for business, tourism, conference and medical purposes;
(ii) who does not have a residence or occupation in India;
(iii) who holds a passport with a minimum validity of six months;
(iv) who is a person of assured financial standing (the production of a return ticket/onward journey ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his stay in India);
(v) who is not a persona-non-grata to the Government of India;
(vi) who is not considered an undesirable person;
1. This facility is not available to the citizens of Japan if the person or either of his/her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in, or was permanently resident in Pakistan. Such persons can visit India only after obtaining an appropriate visa from the Indian Mission/Post concerned.
2. The Visa-on-Arrival facility is not be available to holders of Diplomatic/Official passports.
3. Visa-on-Arrival shall be non-extendable and non-convertible.
Visa-on-Arrival will be valid for entry and stay in India within the period of its validity subject to the conditions specified. The Immigration officer may grant a single entry Visa-on-Arrival valid up to 30 days to the citizens of Japan.
Visa-on-Arrival is provided to Japanese nationals only at six designated International Airports namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Fee for Visa-on-Arrival
A fee of Rs. 2,000/- or equivalent in foreign currency per passenger (including children), will be charged from each Japanese national for the grant of Visa-on-Arrival.
Procedure for applying for Visa-on-Arrival
- Japanese nationals would be required to fill an application form (Annexure I). The format of the physical form will also be available from the airlines on board the flight. The Japanese nationals would be required to carry duly filled "VOA Application Form" along with duly filled Disembarkation Card.
- With the physical form, the Japanese nationals would approach the "Visa Counter". The Visa Officer will scrutinize the filled in application form, check eligibility criteria, purpose of visit, swipe the passport and key-in additional fields from the duly- filled application form in the application software.
- After checking the eligibility criteria, the Visa Granting Officer would put "SCRUTINISED” stamp on the physical application form and then the Japanese national would be directed for payment of fee.
- After payment of fee, Japanese nationals would approach the Immigration Counter wherein biometrics/image capturing would be done and payment details would be verified/stored.
- The Immigration officer would then stamp the passport and collect Disembarkation card.