› India - Japan Relations › Media & Culture › Scholarship Programmes
The Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children was revamped in July, 2016 and applications from eligible candidates were invited online by 15 November, 2016. On the basis of feedback about the revamped SPDC Scheme, modifications have been made in the guidelines and eligibility criteria for the existing SPDC Scheme as below:
- The NRI, PIO students who were admitted in India in 2015-16 batch are now eligible for scholarships under SPDC and will be governed by the existing revamped Scheme 2016-17. Such students will be eligible for scholarship from the current academic year (i.e. they will not receive scholarship amount for 2015-16). The amount of scholarship for this category of students shall be determined as applicable for 2nd year students. Applications from such candidates be submitted through SPDC Portal by 30 November, 2016.
- The monthly income limit for PIOs and NRIs has been raised to US$ 4000 from existing US$ 2250.
- The candidates can now upload self attested copies of all supporting documents except proof of Indian Origin. The proof of Indian Origin or undertaking about Indian Origin of applicants must be attested by Mission and submitted on SPDC Portal.
- In addition to NITs, IIITs and SPAs covered under DASA Scheme, students admitted in other premier institutes covered under DASA shall also be eligible for scholarship under SPDC Scheme.
- Last date for submission of applications is extended to 30 November, 2016.
Other provisions of the SPDC Schemes remain the same. Interested and eligible NRI and PIO students can submit applications online on http://spdcindia.gov.in by 30 November, 2016.